If you’re not careful, negative reviews, bad feedback, and complaining customers can wreak havoc on your product rankings. In this article, we will be looking at the importance of customer support in dealing with these issues, and how nurturing a world-class customer support experience will create a brand your customer’s love & respect.
So what exactly is Brand Loyalty?
~ Pssst its in the name ~
Brand loyalty is the sense of loyalty your customers feel towards your brand, it’s really as simple as that. It may mean that they are more likely to recommend your products to friends, more likely to choose your products over competitor’s and it can have a huge effect on your bottom line, brand reputation, and customer churn.
Studies show that 60% of customers will tell friends and family about a brand they’re loyal to. Brand loyalty doesn’t just work to increase a customer’s lifetime value, it can also have a huge impact on your businesses growth through word-of-mouth advertising.
How do I build and maintain brand loyalty for my business?
Brand loyalty comes as a result of a variety of things – of course having a great quality product should come first and foremost – but a lot of attention should also be placed on how quickly and effectively you work to solve your customer’s problems.
The path your customers take to purchase items, report complaints, and leave feedback can be described as your customer experience, in fact, this term every interaction between your company and it’s customers.
When customers feel valued, that you are listening to them, and are working towards improving their experience they will begin to feel loyal to your brand.
A good rule of thumb is to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and think about how you would like to be treated in their situation. Treat customers as partners, listen to them, make them feel valued, and you will quickly see your brand loyalty grow.
Here are some important things to consider when building your companies brand loyalty and working to improve your customer experience.
1. People Love Exclusives – offering your customers exclusives will make them feel special and appreciated. An exclusive is a form of reward you can offer your customers simply for purchasing from your brand. Here are a few common exclusive offers.
- Coupons for future purchases
- Free shipping
- Early access to upcoming products
2. Rewards for Referrals – Even the smallest referral reward can make customers feel a part of your growing company. Financially rewarding customers who refer their friends, family, or social followers is a great way to make them feel valued and expand your market share at the same time.
3. Be Authentic In Your Interactions – There is no worse feeling than having a legitimate complaint and feeling like nobody will listen. Nobody wants to feel like a number.
Authentic customer support is hard to fake and relies on your staff developing a real connection with, and empathy for, the people they are trying to help.
Here are some common phrases that can be used to express empathy when dealing with customers.
- “I realize how complicated it is to…”
- “I cannot imagine how upsetting it is to…”
- “I’m so sorry to hear that…”
At the same time, it is important to avoid service cliques such as
- “Thanks for your visit, please come again.”
- “It’s our policy to…”
4. Streamline The Experience & Respond Fast – Catching and solving issues before your customers submit bad reviews or talk negatively about your company and products to their friends is vital. By quickly acknowledging and responding to issues you can prevent this and leave customers feeling cared about.
A fast response time could be the difference between a negative review and a positive one, and with the right care and attention, you will be able to flip bad reviews, leading to better ranking on your products.
With AMZ Tracker you can monitor your negative reviews and take action in minutes to resolve issues. The Rapid Service customer support dashboard, among other things, allows your customers to instantly access live chats with your support staff by simply scanning a QR code on your product packaging or inserts.
This allows you to shorten the time it
takes to reply to customer’s problems and greatly decreases the likelihood of
customers posting a negative review.
Rapid service now supports eight different Amazon marketplaces including; US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, and Germany. You may link up to 8 separate Amazon accounts allowing you to quickly and conveniently deal with your customer supper all in one place.
Here are some of our favorite features:
- Live Chat QR Codes
- These simple to print QR codes can be linked to specific products not only giving your customers a fast and convenient way to access support but also allowing you to always know exactly which product a customer is contacting you about.
- Instant Replies and
- The message automation feature is vital for any time you receive complaints and are not online to deal with them. A quick automated message will reassure your customers and let them know you will soon be in touch.
We hope that this article helped open your eyes to some of the best practices involved in providing an excellent customer experience. Start treating your customers as partners and we are sure you will see a rise in brand loyalty, less customer churn, and more repeat buyers.
Best Wishes & Happy Selling in 2019
— The AMZ Tracker team